Au pair program condition
Open mind and open communication.
It is essential to realize that the extra person you will have under the same roof speaks another language, comes from another culture and has other habits. The au pair will need to be considered as part of the family but she or he will have to grow accustom to another culture and routine. Proper and clear guidance and instructions are extremely important for the smooth transition of the whole family situation. After all, it is a cultural exchange program.
We are convinced that with open and honest communication, the right guidance and a bit of patience, both host family and their au pair will benefit from this program, enjoy this journey together and maybe develop life-long friendship.
A list of requirements for the au pair program:
Official program conditions:
- Age of candidates: between 18-31 years
- Program duration: maximum 1 year
- Working hours: 30 hours a week, maximum 8 hours a day
- Off – time: minimum 2 free days per week
- Holiday: Minimum 2 weeks payed holiday (for stay duration of one year)
- Pocket money: EUR 300-340
- Accommodation: One separate room
- Food and lodge cost: fully covered by host family
- Language course: Dutch or English (host family will cover certain cost)
- Liability insurance: covered by host family
- Health insurance: covered by au pair (subsidized by the Dutch government)
- Au pair visa and staying permit: covered by the host family
Host family requirements:
- Family composition: minimum two person， with sufficient and sustainable financial resource
- Family income: 1,5 times of the national minimum income
- Family should be able to provide au pair their own room